Series #22: You Should Be Watching: Your Lie in April

May 13, 2016

Hey Gang!

 I've been spending a lot of time watching anime lately. For some reason, I have had a serious hankering for it. Probably because everything else in my life has been so serious for the past couple o months, I've wanted a light escape. I'm currently watching 4 series at the moment, but today I wanna talk about Your lie in April. If you haven't heard about this anime already, (where have you been?) and you've come to the right place.
 I'm going to list 5 reasons why you should be giving this anime a try.



My father says it's a mundane story, but sometimes that can be the best part. I think its a big part of its charm. An anime doesn't always have to have an outlandish plot line. There's nothing wrong with a slice of life anime occasionally. I thoroughly enjoy, the fact that I could have lived a couple of the episodes, that really appeals to me.

The character development is some of the best I've seen. I'm still working my way through the series, but it's the perfect mix of happy, romance and melancholy. As a band geek, I really wish there were more anime based on the actual performance of music with instruments, instead of so many that deal with the issue of being popular or not having any privacy or so forth and so on.

All great anime has some Tragedy in it. Its what drives the characters to do better, its what motivates your characters to want to be better. Tragedy sows the seeds of growth. Although the series has a few sad moments in it, it isn't all sad, there is enough plot implements of happiness, comedy, and a sprinkle of ridiculousness to stop it from being an anime you need to watch with a tissue box.

The music featured in the anime, and played by the protaganists is unbelievable. When Kaori unquestionably makes that performance piece her own? The musicians heart in me, sang. It was pure poetry. It's something I haven't seen, since Mickey in Revolutionary Girl Utena. I have the entire soundtrack for the series and the opening: Hikaru Nara is currently my ringtone.


 Tsubaki brings a lot of levity to the series,although it is a slice of life anime, It's not super boring, and it doesn't solely rely on being melancholy. I think she might be my 2nd favorite character.



Have you watched Your lie in April? Lets talk about it on Twitter!

Until Next Time,
Stay Woke,
Stay Nerdy,
~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.