The One Time: I was on a Podcast

December 21, 2016

Hey Gang!

 I've been so excited to tell you guys about this for a while, and I just got to tell you that I suck at keeping secrets, so this has literally taken up all of my will power. I was just browsing through my timeline on Twitter, which is my most used social media, if you were wondering. There was Heroes and Coffee talking about putting together a podcast about Street Fighter.
 As a girl who enjoys being a gamer, its pretty rare that I come across an opportunity like this, so of course, I couldn't just ignore this golden goose egg. I Mentioned her, and unabashedly left a message about how much I enjoyed Street Fighter. A couple of days later, I received a message from the creator of the Lex Factor Show, asking if I would like to be a guest on his podcast about Street Fighter. Um... I literally couldn't say yes fast enough.
 After blogging for 8 years, to have the ability to bring light to my little blog and have a new avenue to talk about the awesome things I do here, it was amazing to plug Nerdette At Large on a podcast with an audience similar to my own? I'd have to be mad as a hatter to turn that down. Seriously.  The whole week leading up to the recording, I read up on every little bit of Street Fighter back story I could.
 I logged favorite characters, original creators, and characters. I wanted to make sure I was backed with as much information I could be, and then it arrived, and because if I had no bad luck, I 'd have no luck at all. I logged on a little late, and freaked out when no one was online. However, they are an hour behind me, Someone was definitely smiling down on me.
 I was a little nervous at the beginning. It was my very first podcast after all, but it didn't take me long to get more comfortable. Soon it had already been an hour! I'm currently waiting to record the 2nd part, and I can't wait to tell you guys all about it!

Have you guys ever been on a podcast? Any tips for me? Lets talk about it on twitter!

 Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.