Needles to Society: Silk Road Textiles

September 6, 2013

 The other day, I was driving home from school and on the way I discovered a little ma and Pa shop, called Silk Road Textiles. I decided to park and stop by, my mother and I have passed it several times, but this was the first time I actually stopped in. This little shop was sooo pretty! On one side there were like books, and patterns, by Collette. This was the first time I'd ever seen any of their patterns, and they were soo beautiful! They were the perfect mix between vintage and modern, like I just wanted to buy a copy of look book just to have it on display. The photography, the writing the entire lookbook was just so pretty! I couldn't get over it!
  Then on the otherside there were stacks and rows of textiles and Fabric, and then in the back there was Yarn upon yarn, and not just your run of the mill worsted yarn, but beautiful specialty yarns, beautiful alpaca blends, and gorgeous wool! I couldn't believe my eyes, it was like being a kid in candy store! I wound up picking up four balls of yarn, a pattern for Colette's Hawthorne design, placing Ceylon and Macaron on hold, and I bought a new pair of Circular needles, perfect for chunky knits! I'm already working on an infinity scarf, for the fall season. Here's the yarn I bought.



'Til next time,
~Spokhette!~

~ Don't forget to check out the instagram and Twitter for more constant updates!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.