Why Star Trek: The Original Series is the best one for me.

January 2, 2014

I am a huge Star Trek fan. If you guys didn't know this about me there are two reasons for this. 1. You are not very observant. 2. You've never read my blog before. This entire post is going to put
In perspective for you all of the reasons why I absolutely adore Star Trek: The Original Series.

- Commander Spock: The number one reason why I like Star Trek in the first place. Commander Spock is calm cool and collected and just sexy as all hell. I love the inner drama of being born from two different worlds.  I love that he can keep his calm during anything its a quality i am super jealous of. I really wish  it was a quality that i possessed. I also adore his relationship with Captain #Kirk.  I especially enjoy the fact that it tends to mirror my relationship with my roommate. I tell her not to do something and then she goes and does it and then complains about the results. His relationship with Uhura in the new movie is super sexy and i am secretly hoping for my own Spock to come rescue me...but alas it hasn't happened yet.

- The Final Frontier:  The ability to explore space! Just the expansiveness of the journey,  like the limitless possibilities also pique my interest. Imagine how the crew must feel every time they begin on a new journey into the unknown? New races, new planets, new solar systems!!!! There literally is no end of things to discover about yourself, about your crew about you're environment. Especially in the time travel episode where #Spock became a gangster? One of my all time favorites you even  get to experience things that are  no longer around like the roaring 20's or mobsterland!

-Lieutenant #Uhura: Is my favorite female character. Strong pretty and killer intelligence i love that she can match wits with my favorite commander. I was at a geek meet a few months ago and someone brought up that in the series she dated Scotty and in the movies shes dating Spock. I have yet to confirm or deny this. But it doesn't change the way i feel about her. She will always be at the very tip top of my list of fictional female role models right next to Selina Kyle and Delilah Lance. (And if you don't know who they are, you need to brush up on your comic books but thats another story for another blog post.)

- Gene Rodenberry: "Star Trek was an attempt to say that humanity will reach maturity and wisdom on the day that it begins to not just tolerate , but take a special delight in differences in idea and differences in lifeforms." This show had a lot of firsts for its time period. I like how progressive it was and how accepting it became, its the same reason i enjoy #X-men so much. It's not just about people having unique powers and being able to do things that regular people couldn't do it's about acceptance and learning that you aren't the only one out there, dealing with whatever you are dealing with we are all different and we all deserve an equal chance and opportunity. All about acceptance my man, free your mind and you can unshackle your heart.


Sincerely Yours,
~Spokhette!~

The conversation continues on twitter! @Provacatrix
Why do you love Star Trek? What is your favorite Series?

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.