Spokhette Explores: Birthday Weekend

August 5, 2016

Hey Gang!

 It's been a while since I just sat down and talked to you about my day. I miss it, I miss the actual act of blogging. The act of writing about my day and adventures where people can read it. Writing about my adventures in the public eye. I do it a lot on Youtube, but its been a while since I just let you guys in, in a written post. So Snuggle in, and buckle up, I've got a lot to get through today.
 The cool thing about July, it's a super busy month. It involves not only my birthday, but my sisters and my moms. Which means the last two weekends get kind of crazy. We were pretty laid back this year though. For my birthday, Alex got me an Instax Mini 8, along with 40 regular film and 10 colored film sheets. I'm so in love with it, I take it with me everywhere, and one thing I really like about it, is I can put my Website on it, and make instant business cards!! We spent the day playing board games and spending time with family, it was great.
 For my Sister's Birthday, we spent the day exploring the city searching for Pokemon. She had a blast, so that's all that mattered. It did kind of suck that her day was the hottest out of all three, but hey I lost a few pounds and got a tan. I got to explore the Sanitation department, which includes two gyms and more pokemon than you can shake a stick at. I caught a bunch, but the ones that stand out the most are the Charmeleon, Jigglypuff and a Pinsir. Alex caught a Pidgey on my shoulder and since then I've been Gabby the Pirate with my Pidgey companion, Mad Claw taking over the seas.
 For my Mother's Birthday, We attempted to be classy and went to Eden Park for the Cincinnati Art Museum, to check out the 30 American's exhibit, which was supposed to be about Black Excellence and a culture experience. Instead we were greeted by Black Face, Ku Klux Klan Gates, and a room with a noose in the middle and surrounded by empty Klan Hoods. I was NOT IMPRESSED. We left after that, the only saving grace with the Painting Sleep, that we was by the entrance.
 After that, we stopped by Buskens for sweets, of which I bought WAY TOO MANY. It had been a while since I had had baked goods, because I devoured those two donuts in no time. Then we had appetizers at Outback which pretty much turned into a meal. Between myself and Alex, Mom and Gianna, we put away two orders of mild wings, regular Aussie Cheese fry AND an order of Crab stuffed Mushrooms. It was so fun to be able to pamper my mom for a change, because she's always taking care of us, it felt really good and adult like to be able to treat her.

 Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.