My 10 Favorite Games of 2015!

December 28, 2015

Hey Gang!

 I'm back from Christmas Hiatus and I feel super well rested and ready to get back into the blogging groove of things. I haven't ever done this type of post before but I realized that going into the new year I wanted to try new things and I also wanted to take you guys along for the ride.  What better way to finish out the year then going over the awesome things that came out of it? For the entire week, I will be going over my favorite Video Games, Comics/Book and Film/Television of 2015 and I hope you'll join me for this unprecendeted event! So Since, you are here, lets get started!!! For the year of 2015, I have only owned a 3DSXL and a PS3, so those will be the only ones featured. I want them to be ranked and based on my experience and performance of the game, NOT how popular they are. You can get that old news anywhere.
 
Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS):  So I have to be honest, other than Kirby's Epic Yarn, I have never played a Kirby Game. When I came across Triple Deluxe in Game Stop, I fell in love. The colors and the music and even the game play was perfect. Although, I have died quite a few too many times trying to discover if there are hidden crevices holding sweets or sunstones, the game is a 9.5 on the fun scale. Not only are you able to play as Kirby climbing the beanstalk ladder to get his home back to normal, but you also have the opition of playing as King Dedede Drum Dashl; a rythim based game and ALSO using Kirby and any one of his awesome skills to defend your title in Kirby Fighters! It has a little bit of everything for everyone. I absolutely adore How cute Kirby is, and I am kicking myself for not trying him out sooner.



Persona Q (3DS): I know I have written about Persona Q a few times on the blog over the past year. Persona Q is an easy to jump into RPG with Two tracks for you to explore. Persona 4 or Persona 3 and even though I had never experienced a Persona game before it wasn't hard to get into the groove, especially with how awesome the music is. The art is beautiful and you don't lose anything playing on the 3DS compared to the PS3, sure the characters are SD, but they don't cut any corners! I love the alice in Wonderland ish style of Labyrinth and I love being able to combine different characters to create awesome moves to destroy my enemies. The ability to splice persona's together is pretty smooth too.


Pokemon Shuffle (3DS): As a huge fan of Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for the GBA (I still own and play often), it was super nice to have a puzzle game with pokemon for a new generation. Although its not the same as the original, its puzzle-y enough to sate my thirst when I need a break from Professor Layton. I love the super crazy combos that you're able to create, all by moving the right pokemon I also the love the multiplayer aspect to it, the ability for spot pass and playing online, is pretty neat. Plus it pretty much updates when your system does so it never gets old. I love the little tournaments and online scoring it has, I love seeing the new secret pokemon.



Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS): If you didn't know already I'm a pretty big Pokemon Fan, so when they gave me the ability to replay one of my old favorites with new tricks, how could I say no? The only thing that I wasn't a fan of ; they introduced customizability with X and Y characters and then they took it away! However, it was very nice to see some old favorites again, including my buddies Ralts and Shroomish. I fell in love with the ability to creep up on unsuspecting pokemon and be rewarded with unique stats and moves. (Is that creepy?) I wasn't a fan of not being able to have a Pikachu, but since it was only for one game I guess I'll survive.



Professor Layton V.s Ace Attorney (3DS): I'll keep this brief, I know I go on about Professor Layton a lot, but it really is because its an amazing game! I love the way they put this game together. The ability to not only solve missions as either Herschel or Phoenix but together as they save isabella from Certain doom in the courtroom. I love how interactive the game is, you really feel like you are there running for you life from simple country folk that hate magic. If you like a good puzzle game, or you are interested in getting more Professor Layton or Ace Attorney action, this Game is IT!


Bravely Default (3DS): I have waited two years to play this game. Two years, and now as I have spent the last three days straight I can tell you that it was worth EVERY MINUTE. The picture is FLAWLESS, the art, orgasmically beautiful and it is one of the few games I enjoy playing with the sound on. I generally don't like RPG's because they are very time consuming and I am not the most patient gamer, HOWEVER, this game is preetty neat! I'm only on level 6 but as you continue to battle other fighters, you can collect a unique set of skills to create the ultimate battle formation. Right now I'm a monk, and Tiz looks so adorable in his monk uniform and his new found martial arts skills. My Agnes's is a White Mage now, I see a cosplay in my near future.



FairyTale Fights (PS3): I am a huge fan of open world melee rpg games. I'm just not about that drop down menu life. This one is super fun. The ability to grab almost anything and use it as a weapon, following only slightly twisted fairy tales stories that we know and love, and being able to get away with bloody murder. And then slide around in it. This bloody great game (See what I did there?) is all about wreaking the most havoc on your enemies. They actually count up how many seriously violent kills you have had, and how much blood was shed, whoever has the most wins the round. The characters are adorably morbid and easily recognizable you get the choice of Snow White, Jack, The Naked Emperor and Little Red Riding Hood.



Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3): Although, I have played both the arcade and super version of this game, Ultra was BETTER. Having access to literally almost all of the Street Fighter characters in history, it is also THE fighting Tournament version. If you were even thinking about competing this is the version for you. I actually picked up for the sole purpose of competing. It's a fun time playing with others online, the only thing I'd have to say is to look out for the lag. I had some serious problems with online play for the first couple of weeks I had it. If you've been a fan of Street Fighter Since Alpha (like me) this is the game for you, and its also a good way to get into it if you are interested in getting used to the story before Five comes out...Whenever that may be.



Code Of Princess (3DS): Another Hack and Slash RPG, I love the melee attacks. I also love that three out of four of your team are all female. I love how sweet and caring the Princess is, even if the combo's make my fingers ache. I love this game becuase the music is decent and the dialogue between characters are pretty funny. I love the Necromancer, her wit reminds me of the likes of Veronica Mars, which is always a win if you ask me. I like that the game doesn't take itself to seriously, even the villians make jokes at each others expense and when you defeat something, it gets added to your character list, if you finish the game, you are able to play as anything you EVER fought against, I can't wait to start beating up the generals as trees. That's just going to be awesome.



Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (DS): I know this is a super oldie, but I never tried any lego games before so this is TOTALLY NEW FOR ME! Why in the world did it take me so long? I must have been hiding behind the pain of cramped feet and stubbed toes, from my childhood. Those things were deadly! However, with the game you can have the fun of building without the pain! Plus, its full of puzzle and HARRY POTTER! I'm in love. I've been playing it on and off for the past couple of months and its pretty awesome and just a breeze. Its not so ridiculously easy, that you shouldn't bother with it, but its a nice puzzle game you could play when you are taking a break from ridiculously difficult math puzzles that plague me on the daily.



So those are my 10 top favorite games of this year? What are yours? What have you been Playing lately? Tell me on Twitter!!!


Stay Nerdy,

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.