Geek Fuel: A Monthly Box Review

March 9, 2015

Hi Gang!
 I'm so excited about this opportunity you guys! So last month, I was contacted by Geek fuel, to do a review on their February Box. If you aren't aware, Geek Fuel is a monthly themed subscription box, that is filled to the brim with all kinds of nerdy goodness.  Even with all of the horrible snowy weather, we saw in February the box still got here safe and sound. This box's theme was Retro Gaming, and they did not disappoint.

- '66 Batman T-shirt: All the villains from the movie, and Batman, but drawn as Pacman and Ghosts. I was so geeked when I saw this t-shirt inside, I wore it to work the day the box arrived. Received tons of compliments. I love how it fits in with the retro theme, because it is obviously 66 batman instead of a newer one.

- Green lantern Glass: An epic, drinking glass, with Green Lantern springing into action. I've never been a huge fan of Green Lantern, but it is cool to have him lighting up my kitchenware. (See what I did there?)

- Alien Invaders Soap: A Bar of Soap, colored and molded into an Alien Invader. My mother who doesn't not play video games at all, practically keeled over, when she saw the soap, this being one of the only games she would play, and she still does occasionally, on an emulator my father found for her. I'm kind of excited to start using the soap, it looks like it might glow in the dark.

- Retro Sticker: A huge Oval shaped bumper sticker, that says I "heart" Retro Gaming. Which I do, nothing better than original 8 bit shrunken characters of others youth, I may be a bit young too remember a good portion of these games. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not going to put that sticker to good use. I'm a huge fan of stickers!

- Retro Button: A small pinback button, that says I "heart" retro Gaming, I shall add it to my collection, right next to the "geek inside" and "foodie" ones I've received over the last couple of years.

- Retro Gaming Magazine: A special "Pocket-sized" edition of Retro Gaming. I haven't opened it yet, but it looks like its filled to the brim with retro games, and info, maybe they'll even tell me where I can get some emulators to experience these games myself.

- Worms...: I have not opened these, so I don't know if they are candy, or just plastic toy worms, but according to Alex  they are from an older game called worms, where there were tanks and other nonsense and exploding worms, it sounds like fun to me, but I didn't have the opportunity to play it, he said and I quote " I missed one of the best games of my/his childhood."

They have multiple monthly plans, but the best way to explain it is, I just kidnapped their photo. It looks like the best value is the year plan, and it includes 3 mystery gifts! I was thoroughly impressed with my box, and would gladly buy another months worth of boxes. This seems like the best gift for those nerds who seem to have everything.

 Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel,
 ~Gabriella!~
  The Noire Menagerie

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.