Ghostly Haunts With The Geeky Burrow

October 10, 2016

Profile WidgetHappy October and Happy Halloween everyone!

My name is Alice and I’m full-time University student, part-time blogger and all-the-time geek girl. I currently have three main writing projects, I’m a Staff Reporter for Middle-earth News, a co-founder of the Travelling Geek Show blog, and I run The Geeky Burrow, my personal blog.

When Gabriella invited me to write this post, I couldn’t be happier, since October is probably my favorite month of the year, because of a couple of good reasons.

Fall. This is the best moment of the year for me, I love so much cloudy days and I love to drink a tasty cup of tea while reading a good book and listening to the rain outside. Or just having a good movie marathon of The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Even if I’m from sunny Italy, I just don’t like the sun, in fact I consider London my home away from home. No, I’m not a vampire!

My Birthday. I’m not a party lover and I don’t usually organize big things for my birthday, but it’s another reason to love this month for me. I was born only few days before Halloween, so I usually merge the two things to celebrate with friends!

Halloween. Many people don’t know it, but Halloween wasn’t originally celebrated here in Italy. I discovered the magic of this day thanks to my English teacher in elementary school, who made me become an anglophile, I’ll never thank her enough for that. She read us about Jack O’Lantern and made us create nice cards and decorations for the class. My girlfriends and I loved all this so much that decided to start going house-to-house for “Trick or Treat”, but most of the times people didn’t know what that meant or didn’t have any treats to give us (I collected an orange and fruit juice, once!). Now that’s more a commercial thing, everybody knows about Halloween and I still watch Hocus Pocus every year as a personal tradition of mine. That movie reminds me so many great moments of my childhood…! I finally upgraded to a DVD edition a couple of years ago, because I still had the old VHS recorded from my TV!


I’m so happy to celebrate this month/season/holiday with you all, thanks to Gabriella for letting me share, or better, geek out about my favorite time of the year! Feel free to let me know if you have any special memory about Halloween and October. :)

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.