Ghostly Haunts with Lace and Whimsy!

October 21, 2016

Hello! I'm Kathy from Lace and Whimsy. I blog about creativity and my personal style, while also freelancing illustration and making stickers! Gabriella gave me the opportunity to share some of my Halloween traditions with you, so here I am!

 As a kid, we'd always carve pumpkins and go trick-or-treating, but that's about it. As an adult, ever year I deal with the struggle of wanting to dress up, but not really wanting to leave my house. The bar scene on Halloween makes me anxious and I don't know anyone who throws Halloween parties, so some years I don't dress up at all.

The cool part about blogging is that I have the perfect excuse to dress up for no reason other than to take pictures for a blog post, which is probably what I'll end up doing this year. I really like coming up with costumes based on clothing and props I already own. Last year I dressed up as Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction!

 On Halloween night, my husband and I like to dress our dogs in costumes and walk around our neighborhood to see the local kids in their costumes out trick or treating. Then we usually retreat back to our apartment to watch scary movies. We tend to watch a lot of scary movies all through October. I love classics like the Shining and Silence of the Lambs.



My Favorite part of Halloween? Candy is on sale the next day!

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.