Overview: Pokemon Shuffle (3DS)

May 8, 2015

Hi Gang!
 A couple of weeks ago, I decided to completely restart my Pokemon X game. Everyone had played it but me, and I honestly didn't know where I was in the game, I had hundreds of Pokemon, and 7 badges but I felt lost, So I traded the pokemon I wanted to keep to Alex, and I pressed the ridiculous series of buttons to erase the previous game. After that, I updated, like the good little gamer I am and was rewarded with a gift, a free copy of Pokemon Shuffle on my 3DSXL's harddrive!
  I've had the game for about three days, and I'm already on lv. 28, four expert levels, and I've caught 24 out of the 28 pokemon I've come across! I only have two complaints with this game.

1. The time limit: The game levels aren't timed, unless you are playing expert. My issue is that in order to play any level, you have to give up a heart. every half n Hour, you are rewarded 1 heart. If you don't play for a while, and come back to it, you will have a total of five hearts. You can buy more hearts with jewels, but they are so far and few in between, they are hard to find unless you go to the Nintendo E-shop, and buy them with (REAL) money! I am not a patient
woman. I find that I am constantly waiting so I can play one more level. I am not patient enough to play this game without raging, everytime I am ready for a round two and realize I have to wait another half an hour to gather another heart. I feel like this game is parents answers, when they tell their children to go play outside. They'll play for the 30 minutes they have to gain another heart. Well done nintendo. Well Done.

2. The Catchability mechanism: Every level has a pokemon attached. The more effective the 4 sometimes 3 pokemon in your party are againt the wild one you're battling with makes it easier to defeat them. The faster they are defeated, the more moves you have left over. The moves are translated into pokeballs, that raise the catchability of a single pokemon, meaning the higher the catchability is, the easier it should be to catch the wild pokemon. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work out. In fact, I have an easier time catching pokemon with a lower catchability then a higher one. Plus, you only get one try per turn, which if you try again takes up another heart, and thus, you are still stuck waiting 30 minutes to continue your game.

 Overall, as a puzzle gamer. I thoroughly enjoy this game. It is on my hard drive so I don't have to worry about data corruption/ or fortgetting to save or anything of the sort. It saves automatically by itself, if you keep your DS connected to Wifi, like I do, you can check-in, and be rewarded with coins that go towards cool things like adding moves to the set you get at the beginning of your level. Checking in also allows you to keep up with the cool stuff the game can do, like add new special levels, or Meowth's PayDay level, which if you match enough coins, you can get extra on top of whatever you get for completing the level. It allows you to play a competent puzzle game with newer generation pokemon, and allows you to keep up with your "adult-life" responsibilities.

 If you have a Nintendo ID it is Free for you as well, just stop into the E-shop, log in, and revel in the awesomeness. Also, don't forget to add my friend code if you want to play with me! I'm always looking for new people to play with! I'm also working on Pokemon X from the beginning as well, So I'm up for any newbies that wanna battle!

 Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel,

 ~Gabriella!~

 The Noire Menagerie

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.