Comics Roundup #7

July 24, 2015

Hey Gang!



  Two weeks ago, I stopped by Queen City Comics, since I was visiting my parents and picked up some comics on Wednesday. I have finished Reading Gotham Academy, Batgirl, and Black Canary, so far. The tradebacks of Saga and the Wicked and the Divine, are much thicker than anticipated, so It is taking a minute for me to get through them. I am unsure if I am the only person like this, but I will get a book if it pretty. Like great art, or if it looks pretty, regardless of what might actually be inside. I am uncertain if I will like the Story of the Wicked and the Divine, or Saga but both Tradebacks are beautiful. They just look so nice on my book shelf.
  Even though, I am not a fan of Damian Wayne, I was sad to see him come and go so quickly in Gotham Academy! I was rooting for him and Maps, I thought they were a super cute couple. I was so torn between picking up the variant or the regular cover for issue 8, because they were both really nice, but in the end, I went with the Teen Titans Go Variant, because, DUDE! Just look at it!
  I wasn't impressed with the blocky art that is Black Canary #1, But since she is a favorite character, I think I will wait until issue 5 to make final judgement on whether it will be something that I will continue to collect. The art and concept for Spider-Gwen was great until I picked it up as well. I only read Issues 1 and 2 and was not impressed. All three are for sale in my shop at the moment. While I was there I was looking for A-Force #1 and Silk #1, because they were both missing and definitely ones that I wanted to start reading, but alas, I was unable to locate them there! I was disappointed with the lack of story in Batgirl Endgame, and I don't know if I just don't like the whole thing, or if it would be better with words in it....I'm honestly, still unsure at this point...

What are you guys reading? Any recommendations for me? Tell me on Twitter: #nerdetteatlarge

I also want to mention that it is my younger sister's birthday. She says thanks in advance.

 Stay Nerdy,

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.