Fangirling: Angel Dynamite

March 18, 2016

Hey Gang!

 I'm so excited to be back! I super missed you all! I've been wanting to do another Fangirling post for a while now, and I decided that I should write one about Angel Dynamite. If you don't know who she is, (Where have you been?!) She is a DJ, martial artist, and all around bad ass character in Mystery Incorporated. I touched on (briefly) about my love of this show in this article .
 Mystery Incorporated is the latest reincarnation of the Scooby Doo animated series. The difference between this series and the others. It's the ONLY series with a continous story arc. It includes a wider range of characters of Color and I decided that I wanted to talk about Angel Dynamite. Here are 5 reasons, you should be fangirling.



5. She's the first reoccuring African-American female character in Scooby-Doo History. She is a mentor and confidant for the gang, as they are approached by Mister E, to solve mysteries all over their beloved Cabot Cove. She runs the radio Station there,where Fred works part time. It is a regular hang out spot. The show has a 60's/70's aesthetic although, their equipment and surroundings seem to be of this decade.



4. She isn't just a two-bit character. You see her character grow and flourish while she decides how to deal with her torn feelings. She is tossed back and forth, having to choose sides between Mister E, who she loves romantically and The gang, who she cares for and nurtures as their mentor.



3. Her Badass Kung Fu Skills. This series is a lot more violent than the others but not in a bad way. Just in a more realistic way. If you are discovering that someone is up to no good, and you confront them, they aren't just going to be like "welp, okay take me to jail", they're going to put up a fight. You saw bombs, explosions, and illusions of death in this series, I feel like it was the series for all the older fans of the show. It was our homage. Angel shows off her martial arts skills multiple times during the series, including fighting another Mister E protoge, a crazy robot, and some monkeys.


2. Her style is so dope! From Pantsuits, to adorable midriff tops and bell bottoms, Angel Dynamite is always styled to a T. I dream of her closet.


1. A lot of people think that she is a traitor, and almost a psuedo villain for the show. They're wrong.The amazing thing about Angel is that her story is about redemption and her ultimate sacrifice. She did a lot of wrong things with a lot of wrong people, but that doesn't mean that she herself was a bad person. She worked tirelessly almost every episode to make up for the mistakes of her youth. She is a beacon of hope for those who hope to turn a new leaf.



Have you seen Mystery Incorporated? Did you like Angel Dynamite? Tell me all about it! I absolutely love talking about Scooby Doo, Lets chat on Twitter!

P.S. I leave for C2E2 tonight after work. Make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel so you don't miss out on my vlogs! If you are attending C2E2 and would like to collaborate please shoot me an email or hit me up on twitter!

Until Next Time,
Stay Nerdy,
~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.