Comics Roundup #23: Welcome back to the World of Comics.

March 21, 2016

Hey Gang!

 It's been a while since I've talked about comics on Nerdette At Large. I've talked about their cartoon, video game and movie counterparts, While comics had been put on a small hiatus. I started paying my student loans, and other bills and you know just general adulting. I didn't have time or money to spend on anything else, especially comics, they are such an expensive hobby...
  I went to surprise my friend Emily for her birthday with a few of my friends in Lexington. We stumbled upon the most amazing comic book shop, I have been in so far. It was so beautiful. Stuffed full of all the right things; lady-friendly comics and staff members, figurines, t-shirts, stuffed animals, anime, all of the amazingness that draws me to nerd culture.
 I haven't picked up comics in over three months, so I figured I would do my due diligence and see what I was missing. So I picked up Quite a few new issues. Here's what I got and what I'm most interested in starting first!! I took Silk#1 to #C2E2 so I could get it signed, but I wish I had known some of the artists for Mockingbird would have been at the Women of Marvel panel, I would have brought it to get signed.


 I'd been so interested in Patsy Walker A.K.A. Hellcat since I saw the art on Brittney Williams' Twitter. I picked up issues 1-3 and then found out during the Women of Marvel panel that Jessica Jones will be making an appearance in issue 5 and beyond. So glad I got a nice jump on it before the story got too deep. 
 - New Silk 1-5
 - Mockingbird
 - MoonGirl and Devil Dinosaur 2+3
 - Batgirl 46-49
 - Faith #1
 - Another Castle #1
 - Clean Room #1

 I picked up all of these at a comic shop called The Comic Interlude, in Lexington. I was so impressed I took photos and video. Its kind of become a thing with us. Whenever the girls and I get together, we go check out a new comic book shop and we always get a group picture. I was so glad that Renee was able to join us for this one. 





Stay Tuned for my next couple of posts, which will be about C2E2 and other awesome things that I've been up to in the past couple of days that I haven't been writing. 

Have you guys been reading comics lately? What are some of your favorites? Lets talk about it on twitter. Follow me for the latest updates, I'm on twitter, every day, its easy to say I'm addicted. 

Until Next Time,
Stay Nerdy,

~Spokhette!~

1 comment

  1. Blahh I haven't read/bought comics in forever. Being a college student I buy groceries and that's about it.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.