Series #5: My Love of Scooby Doo and Fictional Detectives

March 31, 2014


Howdy Sugars,
  When I was a kid there was no shortage of television. But even then I was watching things that most kids my age wasn't, a big chunk of my television time was dominated by mystery solving detectives. Cartoon or otherwise, didn't bother me, you had my attention if there was a crime to be solved. My Childhood favorites included: Perry Mason, Matlock, Murder She Wrote, Hong Kong Phooey, Scooby Doo, and Jabberjaw. As, I grew up my tastes changed and I watched more grown up shows like, Veronica Mars, Columbo and Law and Order SVU, but that need to solve the crime never went away, I'm 22 now, and I still have a huge place in my heart for Detective Shows. Thanks to Websites like Netflix, Freetv, and Hulu I can watch older shows that weren't around when I was looking for them. Like, the Alfred Hitchcock Hour, Ellery Queen, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, and Newer ones like Sherlock, Pretty Little Liars, Criminal Minds, and Bones.

The Thing is, even though Scooby-Doo continually comes out with a new tv show every year, this past incarnation: Mystery Incorporated, was by far one of the BEST ONES EVER! I've been watching Scooby-Doo since before I could talk, I've even gone back, I've seen every movie, and I own Scooby-Doo and the 13 Ghosts on DVD, The whole Series. This was the only Scooby-Doo series, with a continuous story Arc, and it was COMPLETED, it pulled characters from ALL OVER, Including Johnny Quest, and 13 Ghosts, with the inclusion of Vincent Van Ghoul, The Funky Phantom, Jabberjaw, Blue Falcon and DynoMutt! Unfortunately, Mystery Incorporated reached Completion with the end of the 2nd season, but there is a section of my heart that will be forever hoping for a 3rd Season, We were finally going to see them go to COLLEGE, I mean they've been around since the 60's the least you could do now, would be send them to College.

Until Next Time,
~Spokhette!~

P.S. Convo Continues on Twitter! What is your favorite Mystery Show??

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.