Fangirling: Frankie Charles

September 16, 2015

Hey Gang!

 I haven't done one of these in a while, but I've had ideas swirling around my head for a while and I've just decided that any blog idea I have just to write it down instantly, and then when I'm planing new posts, I go back to my book and cross them off as I go. Monday, I wrote about fangirling with Cameron and Brenden about Batgirl, and today, I'm going to write what I love about Frankie Charles.

If you aren't in the know, Frankie Charles is an awesome character in the new Batgirl Arc. Without too many spoilers, Frankie is a bi, disabled, black female coder, who is Bab's roommate in Burnside.
I actually wrote about her a little while ago, as my favorite fictional character, and the reasons honestly haven't changed.

Frankie Charles, is a character that looks like me, and one I can relate to, in a comic universe that is kind of difficult to find any representation. Since she's a coder, and spends a good portion of her comic book time, online, I could totally see us hanging out together and laughing on things we find on Twitter.

There's been some not so subtle hints that she is going to be the next Oracle. Can this be a thing, DC? PLEASE?! +Gail Simone made Oracle what she is today, and for Frankie to have the chance to fill that mantle would be awesome. Not only because she's good at what she does and would literally kill at the opportunity, but because I would love to have a character represent women of color, with technology in a comic book.

Can we talk about her fashion Sense? Thanks to Babs Tarr I want every outfit she's ever worn, especially when she pretends to be Batgirl for a small stint. That dress, when they go to the art show? TO FREAKING DIE FOR! I feel like anything that Babs draws, just flows with inspiration, I'm itching to fire up my sewing machine.


I think that's one of the biggest reasons, I love Frankie, she's a well rounded, well represented character that inspires me.  If you wanna know more about Frankie, Go out and get the Trade of BATGIRL, and make sure you read from #43 on, because Fletcher, Stewart and Tarr have some awesome things planned for her, I can feel it in my bones!

If you are a fan of Frankie, lets talk about it, Please! All my co workers are guys, and they don't read Batgirl so I don't have an outlet for all of my Frankie love, that will talk back to me! So lets fangirl together, especially if its about Batgirl, that's a daily gush topic for me!

Nerdette At Large

 Stay Nerdy,

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.