Comics Roundup #26: Completing Nimona; the Feels after. *slight Spoilers*

November 7, 2016

Hey Gang!

 After I fell in love with Lumberjanes a while ago, I decided to go looking for some more of Stevenson's work. I remembered how popular Nimona was on my timeline, my Twitter feed, is full of amazing artists, so the next time I dropped by my local library, there it was sitting on the shelf. Like it was waiting for me, Man, why did it take me so long to read it? Just an FYI, its amazing, and if you haven't read it, go now. Don't even finish my post, just go now.
 I never expected it to be so sad. Nimona is a great tale self-acceptance. Whether she was a monster, or a human. She was fully aware of herself. What she was capable of, that one side could overpower the other. I didn't expect the relationship between Blackheart and Goldloin to improve so much towards the end. Even after admitting that the loss of his arm wasn't an accident. They grew closer than ever, even after Goldloin was going to kill Nimona! Although, I guess something can be said for the size of Blackhearts Heart and his abundance of love. I knew Blackheart wasn't a real villain, as soon as he told Nimoa about his old henchman and how popular game night was. Did anyone else notice that World domination was just Monopoly? I do thoroughly enjoy how she was imagining a revolt, so she wouldn't have to pay up.
 This story is much darker than lumberjanes but contains that same type of humor, if that makes sense? I feel like every person can find a bit of themselves in this story, and that is what makes it a classic. These pictures are just a few of my absolutely favorite parts of the story. When she morphs into Blackheart and mimics his love for science, makes me giggle so hard. Sometimes I tease Alex about his second love "Science", I wish I could pull this trick on him. I'm sure I'd find it funny. Nimona used her ability just like any person would. If I could be a shapeshifter, I can't guarantee that I would be able to stay on the straight and narrow...No one would know it was me, think of all the possibilities?! Plus you could pop up on people not expecting you as a shark, think of the shock value!!


Have you Read Lumberjanes or Nimona? Lets chat about it on Twitter! I love chatting about Comic books with you guys!

 Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.