Cinema #25: Return of Caped Crusaders Review (Slight Spoilers)

November 9, 2016

Hey Gang!

 I'm so excited to be writing this! I've been wanting to see this movie since I saw the original trailer. When I say this movie is almost perfect, please take me at my word and go see it. Or Rent it, or Buy it, its out on DVD now. I'm going to try to skim over the spoilers, but you guys know how these posts work by now. Take me with a grain of salt.
  We start out with Bruce and Dick, in the living room. Dick in a leotard, learning ballet. I thought it was a little strange he was uncomfortable in his tights, but Whatevs! They have a variety show, called Gotham Palace, when Hector and the Ho-Daddy's sounding pretty tone deaf, turns out their the fiendish Foursome! I feel like the movie took right off from where the original 66 movie left off. I have to say I was a huge fan of the alliteration they used in the movie; Prince of perverted Puzzles, The Riddler. Dominatrix of Devilry, Catwoman. Can I get that on a button please?
 The entire script seemed very tongue in cheek to me. Aunt Harriet looks pretty close to figuring out their secret, she's dropping massive hints. The way she phrased it though... Does she think they're Batman and Robin? or Gay? They are insufferable Do-gooders, even in a hurry, they don't jaywalk. No one's above the law, especially while enforcing it. They paid so much homage to the original movie and the television show. I loved every minute of it. They even brought out all 3 Catwomen!
 Since when do they have Batzooka's? The Bat-Analyzer makes an appearance in the batcave. Batman wanted to handle Catwoman personally, the innuendo's are absolutely rampant in this one. Perhaps, not the best movie for children. There was dehydrated goons, and they showed a pretty decent array of the rogues gallery from the television show. Catwoman attempts to take control of Batman, but it doesn't look like it takes effect.
 Batman starts to feel the effects of Catwoman's spell later rather than sooner, and loses his damn mind. Batknuckles are involved, The Fiendish Foes find their way into space, and Bruce fires his lifelong friend Alfred, Kicks out Aunt Harriet AND DICK?! He then begins to feel like he can run Gotham better than the Commissioner, and duplicates himself to take over all of Gotham. Not even the chefs were safe. Robin teams up with Catwoman to try to bring Batman back to his normal self, and the craziness reaches an all time high.
 I definitely enjoyed this film. There were lots of laughs and innuendo, it paid great homage to its source material and the art wasn't too shabby. HOWEVER, there are quite a few extremely sexist comments made throughout the film that pissed me off. I understand that its the sixties, I even get that it was probably that way in the original series, but with an updated script and writers, I would have really preferred, they left that part out. If you can roll your eyes, and bare it, the movie is pretty great. I had to mention it however, because I wouldn't be me if I didn't.

Have you seen the film? What did you think? Let's Chat on Twitter I'm always up for talking movies.


 Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.