B.I.T.C.H. What are you listening to?

November 17, 2011

Music keeps me sane. The beat is faster than my heart. Helps me sort through my thoughts, keeps me creative. I am hardly ever caught without my headphones. *Although they change like people change socks* I listen to all genre's of music, I can even handle some country. But I love hip hop and rap. Each genre of music even has like sub genres and then they can break down even further than that! Music is like a molecule, and the gist/moral/point/explanation of each song is an atom.
 When the day is slow, when I am lacking inspiration, When I am happy, When I am sad, When the bus ride is long, or the task is daunting music is always there for me. When I  was younger I listened to music that wasn't even from this region of the world.  I was strictly J-pop.  Utada Hikaru, Anime themes, Ayumi Hamasaki. Most of what my peers were listening to I hadn't even HEARD of. This unfortunately stunted my growth of slang as well * lol*
 As I got older my tastes moved to alternative and classic rock. I rode that train HARD. I still blast it when I'm feeling nostalgic. Earning me my *unaffectionate* Oreo persona. This was around Middle school, when I decided that I didn't care what anyone thought about me anymore. So it didn't really bother me, but It just kinda stuck.
  Now I listen to a lot of rap and hip hop. From all different types of people. A lot of people in general say it cant be rap if its not by an african american, that's total bullocks by the way.  My favorites are Childish Gambino, Nicki Minaj, Lola Monroe,  Dumbfoundead, and Wax. But lyrics to Rap in general are just so FREAKING OFFENSIVE.
 I'm tired of being called a whore, bitch, cunt, and slut. That is not my name. That is NOT what my name stands for. And everyone woman is different. It is very difficult to find 2 women that are exactly the same, and the fact that rappers seem to think everyone woman can fit under a word in that disgusting list kinda pisses me of.
  It got so bad that I just stopped listening to rap all together. Then I discovered underground rap. I discovered Dumbfoundead. And my love for actual rap was restored. So I started scouring the internet for music that was legit. I came across more and more and MORE! Finally, there as an alternative to Lil Wayne, Birdman, Jay-Z and Eminem. *Even though I love Eminem and his flow, I can't condone any of his music other than mosh.*
  Music keeps me going when my days get rough. And I am all about learning new things about people So I was wondering what you guys listen to. Just in general. Not like a knitting playlist but What you guys have running through your ipods?

You can let me know here in a comment below, or on twitter.
Mistress,
Photobucket

P.S. B.I.T.C.H. in the title stands for  Beautiful Individual That Creates Haters. Givin' my girls some love.

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.