5 Fandom Monday: Favorite fictional Teachers

October 12, 2015

Hey Gang!

 I'm talking about favorite fictional teachers today! Why is it so difficult to find a BLACK TEACHER?! I've spent the past 3 hours trolling the internet, and the only fictional animated teacher I could come up with were Storm, in X-men Evolution. I'm a little irked about the lack of representation.


6. Mister Feeney: I practically grew up with him. Sure Boy meets world didn't have a black character until college, but it was still part of my childhood. Mister Feeney was no nonsense, and yet still able to nurture an entire generation of children to greatness.


5. John Keating: The poetry teacher from Dead Poets Society. I picked this movie up on a whim from the local video store, and then returned a day later to purchase it, it really spoke to me. It had a beautiful message, and it showed what a real teacher should be like.


4. Yukari Tanizaki: Homeroom and English Teacher from Azumanga Daioh. I'm not saying that she should be emulated, because keeping kids prisoner to win a sports competition is a little overboard, but there are things that can be learned from her. Live in the moment, enjoy yourself, learn lots, life is too short for anything else.


3. Professor McGonagall: Who didn't want to be in Mcgonagall's Class after reading the books? I know I did, if I become a teacher, I'd want to be just like her. She put a lot of "magical" life in her lessons, everything she taught them could be applied to the world outside of hogwarts, and it was.


2. Numbah Five: I feel like she was a great teacher. She was a great anchor for the team while Nigel was away. I love the way she took Numbah 3 under her wing, and I love that even though her older sister wasn't a good guy, she didn't let that define her.


1. Storm: Storm taught me how to be ok with myself, even if you couldn't find others like yourself. In X-men Evolution, She is a botany teacher, and I thoroughly enjoy that. I think she would make a great teacher.



I can't help the extra mentions. Who are some of your favorite teachers? Tell me on Twitter, or below in a comment!









 Stay Nerdy,

Youtube // Twitter // Instagram // Nerdette At Large

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.