I wanna be a baker: Blue Moon Cupcakes

September 10, 2014

I have always loved baking. I haven't bought a "bakery cake" since I turned ten, I've been making them since then. My grandmothers taught me how to bake, and then my imagination kind of took off after that. I was constantly dreaming up amazing gourmet desserts that I would later sell in my bakery. Thirteen years later, that daydream, is still floating around in my head, so much that I had to do something about it, or I was going to explode. So what did I Do? I made Blue Moon Cupcakes, and a series as I brush up on my baking skills. I'm a little Rusty *Shhh, don't tell my grandmothers they'd kill me.* I'm not going to include the recipe, because it hasn't been perfected yet, and I might wanna use it in my shop later, but I'll show you the delicious outcome and some goofy photos Alex took of me, instead of working on his own food blog.
 If you are unaware, Blue Moon, is a Belgian Wheat Ale, and it is a beer. I do not drink, except for the most rarest occasions. I.E. I literally have no where to go and don't have to worry about getting tipsy and Alex is drinking as well. Once in like 27 blue moons (see what I did there?) My Blue Moon Cupcakes, are Orange Based cupcakes, with a generous helping of Blue Moon beer in the batter and the icing. They are cored with Orange Supremes and Orange Zest, and they are delicious if I do say so myself. There are about 10 left, so I'm taking them into work with me later, so get a general consensus on whether I should make them again. I gave them to my parents, but all they could tell me was that they were too sweet.

As always the conversation continues on Twitter, what have you been baking lately?

Until Next time,
Spokhette!

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.