I am Swimming in Fabric!

October 28, 2015

Hey Gang!

Pokemon, sanrio, Keroppi, Adventure TIme, Star Trek, Star Wars, Tilly and the buttons Simplicity\












 Boy you guys, Joann's must have my payday on a calendar! Everytime on the time I get paid, they send me an email with a whole slew of coupons in it for the weekend, I don't work on the weekend, so they know there isn't anything stopping me from visiting them and probably leaving with something. Needless to say, I always leave with something, and now Alex has banned me from getting any more. He thinking he can ban me from the fabric shop? My 2nd favorite place to be? So instead of the ban, he has imposed that I make one project a week. At first I laughed, like I love you, but dude, I'm grown , I DO WHAT I WANT, but then I thought about it, and I was like hey, that's kind of genius. So I plan on doing just that, and tell you guys about it at least once a week with a post, or a youtube video perhaps. About Youtube, I know there haven't been any videos in a while, but I wasn't feeling pretty enough (I know so stupid!) to vlog, but I plan on getting a lot more done this week and I have a whole bunch of different topics planned for you guys, so make sure you subscribe so you don't miss out!
 Now onto the fabric, because there's a lot. I got Alex some Star Wars Cotton, and I'm going to make him a pillow case, but he was annoyed because the employee that cut it, said Star Trek. I was annoyed too, Star Trek is way better. (Bring on the hate! I'm READY! lol) I've picked up too big sections of Fleece, one in Keroppi and one in Adventure Time. I'm going to make some pretty nice throws from them. I'm kind of excited!
 I was so excited to find the pokeball fabric! It has almost every type of pokeball, and I thought it was more unique then getting ones with the starters on them. I picked up some patterns, because just like my knitting, I am a freeform sewer, but I want to learn the tools of the trade. There both from Simplicity and their both halloween costumes, I couldn't resist the funky looking corsets or an easy to go back to version of Sailor Moon!
 One of the things I am SUPER excited about was that I found +Tilly and the Buttons book; Love at First Stitch. It is so freaking pretty! I love the colors, I love how clean the instructions are, and I can't wait to use up some of my fabric going through every pattern in the book!! If you don't know who Tilly is please check out her website its swell for new seamstresses!

Have you guys gotten any cool fabric lately? I'd love to see it, or any projects that you've finished! Leave me a link below or on my twitter!

Nerdette At Large

Until Next time.
 Stay Nerdy,

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.