Gamer Famelle: Mariah of Bizarre Brunette!

September 9, 2015

Hey Gang!

  Told ya, I wasn't going to be lazy this week! Today we're talking to Mariah of Bizarre Brunette, who was sweet enough to nominate me for a Liebster a couple of weeks ago. (My second one this year!) So lets get to know a little bit about her shall we?

 Playstation or Xbox and why?

 I'm a Microsoft fangirl for life! I was really late into gaming because my first system was an Xbox360 in 2007. I never had a gameboy or Playstation. Unfortunately, I haven't upgraded yet, because I'm a broke college Student, but I plan on getting an Xbox One eventually!

Sony or Nintendo for your mobile gaming?

I own a pretty purple 3DS so I definitely prefer Nintendo. I purchased this great Hello Kitty case for it, I love cats, so it's a perfect fit! Animal Crossing is super cute and addicting. I'm also playing through Pokemon X as well as other DS games such as Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.

If you could be any villain, who would you choose and why?

 I would probably be Harley Quinn from Batman Arkham Asylum. She's so crazy and fun. It would be great to just mess with Batman and be able to work with the Joker.

Name your top 5 games.

 Bioshock is my favorite game of all time. It really brought me into gaming and how video games can truly be a form of art. Rapture is an incredible environment! I also really enjoyed Batman: Arkham Asylum, Max Payne 3, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

If you could be any character who would you choose and why?

 KIRBY!!!! :D I think Kirby is so freaking adorable! I always play Kirby in Super Smash Bros. I would love to eat as much as I can and smile all the time, sounds like a good life to me.

If you had to live in a game's environment, which would you choose?

 I would probably want to live in the environment of Far Cry 3. It's so beautiful and the water looks so clear. My only issue would be dealing with Vaas, since he's so evil.  Also Pokemon, because that would be awesome, and I want an Eevee really really bad!

Do you get a lot of flack for being a female gamer?

 Unfortunately, yes. When I first started playing my 360 and Xbox live, I was 14. I had people try and hit on me, leave inappropriate pictures in my messages, and they even tried to sexualize me over the internet. I think it has toned down a little over the years, because there's more awareness about harassment. However, there is still a lot that can be improved, On my blog, I try and promote the idea that women can play games just as good, if not better than men, and that we deserve to be treated fairly and be respected.

If you were going to get a gaming tattoo, what would you get, and what's the significance for you?

 I would probably get something from the original Bioshock game. It would be "Would You Kindly" with an Eve Hypo at the end of the sentence. My love for Bioshock is endless!!

When you aren't gaming, what are some of your other time-passing hobbies?

I love exercising and lifting weights. It's really therapeutic for me. I also read various graphic novels and comic books, Run a blog, and binge watch Doctor Who.

Do you enjoy games, even when there aren't any playable female characters?

 Of course! When I was younger, I loved playing Dig Dug. It was a fun and addicting arcade game, without female characters. It certainly is more fun when women are well represented in video games. There's nothing worse than seeing a female character being over sexualized in a video game.

 Make Sure you visit her blog and her absolutely adorable instagram!


Nerdette At Large
 Stay Nerdy,

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.