Friday the 13th : Scary Movie overload

September 13, 2013

OOOOOHHHHH...
  Today is Friday the thirteenth, and in a month it will be Halloween. So I thought before I kick off my annual countdown to halloween, I would give a good list of go-to scary movies for your causal perusion! My family and I absolutely LOVE scary movies, and even though I am a total wimp, and watch them only when I have a cuddle partner or a big comforter that I can hide my face in when things get a little hairy. We watch scary movies on any occasion basically whenever we feel like it. But we have those special days like Friday the 13th or any day when it wants to thunderstorm, we'll get together get all comfortable and lay up with a movie marathon. Here are a few of my favorites.

I, Madman (1986)
 Starring no one that I recognize, there is a woman, who works at a used bookstore, who discovers to books made by Michael Brand, as she begins to get enthralled with the plot of the story, bits and pieces begin to happen to her, and people around her. This is definitely NOT one of those books you wish came true. An actress, negates the love of another, who is then driven insane by rejection, he decides that he will become the perfect man, by chopping off body parts of others...It's all fun and games until someone looses an eyeball.

The Ninth Gate (2002)
  Stars Johnny Depp, Yes ladies, just sit back and relax, and enjoy the show. He is a rare book dealer, and supposedly on the journey of a book to magically summon the devil. It kind of lacks in pretty much everything, but hey Johnny Depp is in it, and if its really bad, you could always make out until the next movie starts.

Halloween (1978)
 When I was younger, I used to be so afraid of this movie. The entire series, actually. My mother and aunt, used to scare me mercilessly. I remember I was watching it with my mom and my aunt, and in the middle of one of the babysitters getting sliced and diced, My aunt turned out all of the lights, and poured hot red koolaid over my head. I freaked out, and didn't watch scary movies for 7 years. Now its my favorite Series!

Scream (1996)
  The reason I like these, are they are basically parodies of all the scary movies that came before them. There four in total, and they all center around Sidney Prescott, and her family. Perfect slasher movie date!

Friday the 13th (1986)
 Jason Vorhees and his mother, just terrorizing a small campground, slicing and dicing as they see fit. It really just seems like if you have sex in scary movies, you die, thats' good enough for me. My life or an orgasm? hmmm. I'm pretty sure its a clear choice. Also Super good by cheesy.

The Collector + The Collection (2009+2012)
 A large masked man locks and booby traps houses, and kills their inhabitants. Incredibly gory, and I only recommend this to fans of the likes of Saw. I personally HATE saw, but I can not say that it is not a great scary movie.

Martin (1978)
 Directed by George A. Romero, it centers around a character named Martin, who has monochrome romanticim feelings about Vampires, and Seducing women and drinking their blood. A Geeky Must see, but Sadly not based off of (John Fowles Novel of the same name)

Well I hope this helped you decide on your plans for Friday the 13th Guys! If there are any movies you guys think I missed, feel free to put them in the comments below! I love watching new movies!!!

Til Next time!
~Spokhette!~
Have a Ghoolish Night.


Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.