Fangirling: Veronica Mars

July 9, 2014

I love everything about mysteries. Solving them, creating them, reading them, watching them or playing them. It doesn't matter what format they come in, I enjoy them immensely. Probably due to my mothers love for them, they were constantly playing when I was little. As I've grown up, my love for mystery solving mcgyvers has only grown exponentially. I'll be fangirling about Veronica Mars today. This isn't the first time I've written about my girl love for Veronica Mars on the blog.
 The reason I chose Veronica is not because her movie came out recently, or that Pivot Television has recently started to show her on repeat. The reason I chose Veronica is because she is one of my favorite female detectives of all time. She was the perfect alternative for girls who were tired of Nancy Drew always being captured in chapter 22 of her OWN books!
  For those not in the know, Veronica Mars is a high school detective in Neptune, California. A melting pot of the most fortunate haves and the unfortunate have nots. This creates an uneasy tension in the community that culminates in many a death, and many a case for curious Veronica to solve. One of the things I really loved about Veronica Mars was she always gave you the benefit of the doubt. Weevil Navaro, was constantly in trouble. constantly in a case file being slid across the desk of her P.I. father. I only remember three crimes off the top of my head that he was ACTUALLY guilty of. People saw a Hispanic boy from the "wrong side of the tracks" and thought what better a scapegoat? I love the relationship she has with Weevil. No matter how much they fought, She was always there to bail him out and visa versa. They were constantly there for each other, their extremes balances each other like a calibrated scale, She brought out the best in Weevil, and Weevil brought out the best in her.
  There are few reasons why I really like Veronica Mars, as a character. She is independent. She doesn't need anyone, and she doesn't want anyone, they just kinda show up and if they aren't too annoying she lets them stay. Her wit in the show is a second only to Mac, and her Father. Her sarcasm, is unmatched, I vow everyday, to keep my sarcasm sword strong because of her. The show was just appealing. It didn't make you feel like you were a moron, and it didn't want you to be a moron.
  Veronica, wasn't the best at picking out guys, but man she was the best at giving them what they deserved! Duncan, Troy, Piz, Logan. Who wouldn't fall for a bad boy? Especially one with Logan's gorgeous abs? She was never sad for very long, she showed everyone that she didn't NEED a man, she just enjoyed the company they brought. She realized that company could be supplied by anyone, and that she didn't have to deal with Bullshit to get what she wanted.  She got her private Eye license on her 18th birthday after all!
  Three reasons to watch Veronica Mars (If I don't sum it up now, We'll literally be here all day.) :

1. Veronica is a strong Willed intelligent woman, who had no problem telling you what she wanted, when she wanted it, and who from. She refused to let society, 09ers, or even authority control her. A role Model for the new gen.

2. Veronica was Forgiving. She didn't hold a grudge, but I loved that (almost) everyone who deserved it, sure as hell got it. She showed that it was possible to be a total bitch, and a complete marshmallow and that there was a balance. Everyone should strive for that balance, I do everyday.

3. The mysteries were worth solving. They were important. They were well written. They were continuous to the arc of the season, there was never an episode that didn't matter, never an episode with fluffy filler. That's great writing. I will recommend it until People's ears fall off, because they need to watch it, A.S.A.P.

Stay Nerdy,
~Spokhette!~


Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.