Handheld Mistress #30: The World Ends With You

February 6, 2015

 Hi Gang!
  So fresh off my Puzzle Fighter High, I decided to switch consoles, and try out the World Ends with you on my 3DS. If this game seems familiar, I actually bought it a year ago, but due to carelessness, I would up leaving it, and a group of games, I played frequently in an old apartment. After getting over the initial depression and disappointment, I decided that I needed to just suck it up and get new copies.
  I couldn't sleep the other night, so I booted it up. A collaboration between Jupiter and Square Enix, it definitely deserves a playthrough. The music is catchy, and it is one of the few games that I play with the sound on. The characters vaguely remind me of  Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, which is actually one of the reasons I was so interested in picking it up in the first place.
  You start as Neku, a boy, with spiky hair and large headphones that wakes up in the middle of Shibuya with a timer etched into his hand, and a cellphone with the mission, Make it to 104 before time runs out or you will be erased. Neku, Shiki, Beat Rhyme and other players have been thrust into the Reaper's Game, to survive one week, completing different missions, before the time runs out and the Reaper's erase them.
  I made it to Day Four this morning, and am thoroughly enjoying the game, I don't think I have mastered it because there are still times, when my battle score is a D or lower, but I am moving through pretty quickly with a fairly low amount of restarts, and issues. I'm in love with the game play, and the ability to melee attack the Noise, instead of Final Fantasy's Tried and True Turned base Battle System.
  Aint Nobody got time for that. It is one of the reasons, I am starting to like this game so much more than Final Fantasy. I'm sure, that maybe now that I am older, and have a bit more patience I might attempt, and maybe even enjoy a Final Fantasy Game from beginning to end, but when it was super Popular, I just didn't have the will power to sit still for that long.
  Noise the monsters that show up in Shibuya UG, have the ability to give pins ( new skills for attacks) or Possess someone, they come in all different shapes, sizes and strengths, and I honestly can't wait to conquer them all. (See what I did there?) All in all, I highly recommend it to anyone with the ability to swipe across there touch screen with a stylus. Since I only have 4 Days of the Week left, I look forward to writing up a finished Post about it soon!

See Ya next Time,
Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel,
~Gabriella!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.