Comics Roundup #6: Free Comic Book Day Haul!

May 12, 2015

Hi Gang!
 It feels so good to be back you guys!! That cold put me out of commission for an entire week, but I refuse for it to get another one out of me! I'm finally getting around to writing about Free Comic Book Day, I got a pretty decent haul out of it, so I thought I'd explore it on the blog.
 I visited Queen City Comics and was able to get two of the free comics offered. The All-New, Different Avengers and Pokemon. Since it was the first time, I'd been in a comic shop for the past half a year or so, I decided that I would seize the opportunity to grab up some comics I had been hearing so much about.
 I picked up Gotham Academy 4,5,6 and the Annual. Batgirl #35-39 (I picked up 40 at C2E2). Storm #1. Spider-Gwen 1-3, Capture Creatures 3 and Scooby-doo Team up 2. So far, I've read all of Batgirl, I hate that I have to wait until June for #41, but I guess it isn't so bad, since I can pick up #1 of Black Canary at the same time.
 I realized I wasn't as big a fan of Spider-Gwen, as I thought I was. The art is kind of all over the place, and I wasn't very impressed with the story line. So I have decided to put issues One through Three in the Shop. I was really depressed that my local comic shop was out of Silk #1, It was probably the  one I was looking forward to the most, since they didn't have one, I decided to not pick it up.
 Wish I had ignored the responsible voice in my head and the ten issues of Storm like I wanted, I finished the first one, fell in love and now I want MORE! I accidentally picked up issue three of Capture Creatures instead of Issue two, so now I can't read it until I get the one that came before it. The only other comic I haven't read yet, would be the Team Up of Scooby-Doo.


What did you guys pick up on Free Comic Book Day?! Tell me on Twitter!

Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel,
 ~Gabriella!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.