Gamer Famelle: Ari of Comics and Cookies!

July 1, 2015

Hi Gang!
 I know, that it looks like I've been slacking, but I've been doing stuff I swear! Here's proof, I got to interview Ari of Comics and Cookies over the weekend!! Make sure you read the interview and follow her on twitter and give her lots of love!!!

Playstation Or Xbox and Why?
 I used to be Playstation, but moved over to Xbox. Not for any particular loyalty, it just happened to be the consoles my Dad got! We started off with a PS1, then a PS2, then Xbox and then Xbox360. Now, I share an Xbox One with my boyfriend. In an ideal world, I'd own both!

Sony or Nintendo for your mobile gaming?
Nintendo! I used to love my DS and I'm looking into getting a 3DS as well. I love all the cutesy 3DS games you can get, but I'd also love to get some of the horror games, I bet with the 3D, they'd be really effective.

What do you like to see in your games? What about them makes them your favorites?
 It has to be either good gameplay, good aesthetic, or good story. If a game is fun and non-complicated to play then I'll play it alot, and the same goes for story. Some of the best games I've played over the years have been games that I have not been able to tear myself away from because I've been so invested in the story and wanted to find out what happened next- the main example that comes to mind is Final Fantasy X and Fallout. As for good aesthetic, it's not necessarily the graphics-just the look of the game. I currently have Child of Light in my Xbox library that I haven't played yet, and one of the things that attracted me was the look of it.

If you could be any villain, who would you choose and why?
 Lich King from World of Warcraft, so I could finally get my hands on Invincible.

If you could be any hero, who would you choose and why?
 It'd have to be someone from a big, open-world explorer- probably the lone Wanderer or the Courier from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Exploring the irradiated wasteland looks like it'd be a lot of fun.

Top 5 Favorite Games.
 Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy X, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, Fallout 3 and Tetris. I am shamelessy addicted to Tetris.

If you had to live in a game's environment, which would you choose?
 Animal Crossing! Everything is so cute and you get to own your own house and live with cute animals, it'd be a dream come true!

Are you a fan of Pokemon? What are a couple of your favorites?
 Yes! I loved Pokemon when I was a kid, and sunk a lot of time into Pokemon Blue Version. I love Eevee and the Eeveelutions, as well as Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite.

 Do you have any game-related memorabilia that you cherish?
   I used to have an absolutely huge Fallout New Vegas poster that my Dad liberated from our local game shop before it shut down. No kidding, this poster was freaking huge- it was easily 2.5 M high and about 3 across. I also have various bits of jewelry and tees that I cherish, and especially the Kingdom Hearts necklace that my boyfriend bought me for Christmas last year! I wear it every day without fail.

If someone was new to gaming, and you wanted to get them hooked, which game would you suggest they play? 
 It would depend hugely on what type of game they wanted. If it was something casual, I'd suggest mobil games, like Tsum Tsum, Angry Birds or Tetris. If they wanted a solid time sink, I'd recomment Final Fantasy, Mass Effect or Fallout. If they wanted a social experience, I'd recommend something like WOW- but take the time to learn the game and classes first.

 What would you tell parents who don;t let their children play Video Games? 
  I was part raised on video games, and I've turned out okay. Video Games are a part of society nowadays, and its hard to ignore their influence. Sure, there is the revery real issue of kids playing games that are both too violent and way above their age rating, but there are tons of great age appropriate games and they can really help a kids growth and development. I constantly thank games for helping expand my imagination the way they did, and teach me storywriting in a different format, as well as tons of morals.

 If you were going to get a gaming tattoo, what would you get and what is it's significance to you?
  I would probably get either a keyblade from Kingdom Hearts, or one of Yuna's Staffs from Final Fantasy X surrounded by Pyreflies. I'd pick these 2 because the games mean so much to me and I've shared my experiences in them with my boyfriend. We've both gamed a lot, in a lot of different genres on consoles, but we've always come back to those two.

 When you aren't gaming, what are some of your other time-passing hobbies?
These days it's rare that I'm not gaming! When I'm not gaming, I'm either writing my blog, reading blogs or watching films.

* Let's hope after this, She'll start reading Nerdette At Large more often.*

Do you enjoy games, even when there aren't any playable female characters?
 I do. I'm aware that it's an issue that is improving in the games industry, and it does make me feel optimistic about the future. The best thing is, a lot of games coming out now, tend to feature DLC's later down the line that are based around the female characters in the story - Just look at the new Batman game, or the expat for the Evil Within, where you play as Inspector Kidman.

What are some up and coming games, that you are looking forward to?
 Basically all of Bethesda's talk at E3 had me on the edge of my seat yelling excitedly! Im hugely excited for Fallout 4, Doom and Kingdom Hearts 3. I've been waiting so long, and now it's finally coming!

If you had the chance to say one thing to your favorite game's creator/publisher what would it be and why?
 To all the game publishers who made the games I loved so much in my childhood; thank you for making my childhood magical. Whether I was exploring hte 3 continents of Final Fantasy 8 with Squall, Quistis, Zell and the crew, or freeing dragons with Spyro, you helped me to grow up with an overactive imagination, always dreaming and hoping for something more. Also, thanks for the Tetris addiction. It's come in handy so many times in my adult life.

 Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel,

 ~Gabriella!~

 Twitter // Instagram // The Noire Menagerie

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.