Adventures With Spokhette #13: Pizza and Pints

March 10, 2017

Hey Gang!

  Alex and I were feeling pizza this Sunday. The general place we normally get pizza from is closed on Sunday. So we decided to go do a little exploring and find a new pizza place. We decided to go try out Pies and Pints for the first time. I don't think I talk about it much on the blog, but it's pretty rare that I go drinking. When I do have an alcoholic beverage, I'm usually with friends and family, and it's very rarely more than 1. So while Alex was excited to see their pint selection, I went with a Mello Yello.


 Pies and Pints can be found Downtown or in Liberty Township. As Alex and I hate parking downtown we went for the latter option. Liberty was a decent drive, so by the time we got there, we were famished. Even though we went in the afternoon on a Sunday, the place was packed, and it didn't take long to get a table.
 Our waitress was super nice, and didn't look at us like we were insane for all the food that we ordered. We got two appetizers, the Potato Pizza Skins. Which is a small pizza, with mashed potatoes, ooey gooey cheddar cheese, REAL bacon pieces and chives. It was amazeballs. I think we only brought home one slice. We also got their char grilled wings. It definitely lived up to the title. I thought we could choose a sauce, but apparently they were made in a dry rub of cilantro lime garlic and schiracha. I thought they were going to be too spicy, but I could barely feel the kick. We didn't even bother to photograph them.


 Then on the main course! Originally we were going to get two small pizza's, which are 10'' there. Once we told our waitress what we planned to get on them however, she said we were better off with getting a large half and half, and we obliged her. On my half, a white pizza, with double heapings of shrimp, spinach, salami, mushrooms and extra cheese. (of course) On Alex's Half, a red pizza, with Pepperoni, sausage and roasted garlic.


 Another interesting thing about this place is they place the cheese under the toppings. I definitely wasn't used to that, but it was very delicious none the less. We each got about 4 slices, and I'm still munching on mine as I write this on Tuesday.  The place is very eclectic, lots of elephants everywhere, and it was like they copied my Ipod playlist, so it definitely felt like Home to me. I would definitely go again.




 Since we like Pizza SO MUCH, we have taken it upon ourselves, to check out our fair city and attempt to visit a pizzeria every Sunday. We usually have so much time to kill on those days and what better way to do it, then to stuff ourselves silly?! We're thinking about checking out Strongs or Mod Pizza next.

Do you have any pizzerias for us? What's your Fav pizza topping? Lets chat about it on Twitter!

 Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Twitch Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.