Series #20: Powerpuff Girl Reboot

April 4, 2016

Hey Gang!

 I probably don't have to tell you guys this, but growing up I watched a lot of cartoons. One of my favorites were Powerpuff Girls. I loved it so much, that I had coloring books, t-shirts, bed sheets, and a huge comforter. My favorite Powerpuff Girl was Buttercup, because she didn't take any crap from anyone. When I was younger I wasn't nearly as bold, and she embodied what I wanted to become. I'm like Buttercup now, but younger me, had everything to worry about, especially bullies, I was more like Bubbles than anything.
 With Cartoon Network re-launching the Series later tonight, I thought what a better opportunity to tell you guys about my favorite things about the girls. Sugar, Spice and Intelligence the girls were everything I wanted to be. I tuned in every night, and was notorious for watching re-runs and episodes that I had already seen. I had the video game and the movie and played them religiously. I'm so excited that they will be coming back soon. I don't have cartoon network but I am hoping that I will be able to watch it on Hulu, like every other show.
  So without further ado, five favorite things about the Powerpuff girls.



- I think my favorite episode is when the girls are all grown up. They wanted to stay up later, they wanted to go to the mall, and hang out with their friends. Just like most girls and boys want to do at that age, and it was cool to see kids like you actually fulfill what you daydream about right?


- Powerpuff Girls Z: The Anime. I'm not sure how popular this got, but I remember catching a few episodes and that theme song was so darn catchy. It still pops up on my playlists occasionally. I love how the story didn't change very much but they got even cuter anime style, and they gave ButterCup a hammer, Dude, can you say Cosplay Goals? Also, the professor, reminded me a lot of Astro Boy for some reason, but that's a story for another time.



- My father found this Dojinshi when I was about a pre-teen called Power Puff Girls D. Its amazing, I don't want to spoil the plot for you because it is actually STILL ONLINE. I'll link it so you can go read it and then when you're done come back so we can talk about it because it was amazing. Not only did you get great art and an AMAZING story, but you got the cross over of a LIFETIME! Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, What more did you need man?



- My favorite villain was Fuzzy Lumpkin. He wasn't seriously a bad guy, he just wanted his own space. I know he damaged property and other things but at the end of the day, people did encroach on his property... I suppose he could have asked nicely, but if he did that he wouldn't really be a villain now would he?

- I absolutely loved the Powerpuff Girls movie. A lot of people gave it a lot of flack, but I thought it was great. You got to learn Mojo Jojo's background, and all thought they had a decent rogue's gallery, lets be honest, Mojo Jojo was their arch nemesis. I love it when a story explains why a villain is they way they are and gives them dimension. Powerpuff girls did a GREAT job of making each character more than one dimensional. They did a great job at pulling on my heart strings and making me cry too, but to have my parents tell it, I'm just a big softy, so maybe I was just more sensitive than others.




Are you a fan of Powerpuff girls? are you excited to see them come back tonight? I would love to hear your thoughts and predictions about the reboot! Lets fangirl on twitter. Thanks to Cartoon Network for Powerpuff Yourself , an adorable website where you can create your own powerpuff persona and its INCREDIBLY INCLUSIVE. Here's myself, I can't wait to see you guys!



Until Next Time,
Stay Nerdy,
~Spokhette!~

1 comment

  1. I LOVE the Powerpuff Girls my favourite episode was the Beat-Alls one because of all the Beatles references (I love the Beatles to) it was just so funny and so well done, it's been a while since I watched the show so I definitely am overdue on a re-watch xoxo

    Cateaclysmic

    ReplyDelete

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.