A Chat With: Victoria Tsai

June 3, 2016

Hey Gang!
 I'm so stoked about this post! I have been following  +Vicki Sigh on twitter for a while and fell in love with her art. I love the camaraderie she has with fellow artists on twitter. If you don't know who she is you should go follow her asap, her art is beautiful and her timeline is a fun read! I can't wait for you guys to learn all about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself. 

 I'm a 21 year old girl who's just trying to figure things out and live each day to it's fullest. I'm currently relearning how to see things from a glass half full.

How would you describe your art style? 

 My art style is influenced heavily by Japanese Manga, Fashion and Beauty Photography and Klimt. Put those three things together and my style is somewhere on the other end of it.

What got you into creating music? 


 My boyfriend. When we first met, we talked about each other's interests. For me, it's art and for him it's music. We never set out to be a musical duo or make albums that stuff just sort of happened along the way. We primarily made music for fun and we still do. It's a passion project that we take as seriously as we can.

Who and what are some of your inspirations? 

 Sunsets never go out of style and are always a source of inspiration.

What advice would you give to aspiring artists or musicians? 

 Just do the thing. Even if you're afraid that it'll be bad. Just do something, be proud of it, and try to make it better the next time around.

What did you want to be when you were little? 

 I wanted to be a fashion designer or actress. There's a small part of me that still wants to be both, but it's a very small part.

Do You play Video Games? What are your favorite console, games or characters?



 I played a lot of video games growing up, but mostly watch other people play nowadays. My all-time favorite games are on the GameCube, which also happens to be one of my favorite consoles. Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil 4 and 5, and Shrek 2 are games I will never get sick of.

What would you like to convey with your music? What is your message?

 I want to convey a sense of honesty with my music. My message is that we all have messages and unique stories that deserve to be shared and listened to.

Do you have pets? 

 I don't currently have any pets, but I really want a cat! I had a cat growing up who passed away a couple years ago and she was like my best friend. I'm really excited to take care of a new kitty, visiting the local cat shelter holds me over for the time being!

How did you meet your partner? 

 We met through mutual friends and a cat, surprise! The first time we met I was sitting on the couch in my pajamas playing Uncharted 2. Completely romantic, I know. We fell for each other pretty quickly.

 Make sure to follow her on Instagram and Tumblr for new art, stop by her patreon to support her art and you can listen to her music here!



Until Next Time,
Stay Nerdy,
~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.