Ghostly Haunts with Adventures of A Misfit Librarian

October 17, 2016

For those of you that don't know me, I am the bad librarian behind Adventures of a Misfit Librarian. I am a thirty-something librarian from New York who loves books, zombies, photography, fashion, traveling, causing chaos and dyeing my hair odd colors. My blog, Adventures of a Misfit Librarian is about my adventures inside and outside of the library and I hope you stop by to enjoy the randomness that is my life.
Now that we've been introduced lets get to the good stuff, Halloween.
Halloween is hands down my favorite holiday. I mean, c'mon! There are costumes and candy and spooky stuff. Three things that I absolutely adore, especially the spooky stuff. Like you can call me Mulder because I love love love television shows about that paranormal, I love witches and ghosts and haunted locations, as well as horror movies, etc. So when October rolls around it's like a month long celebration of all of the things I love.

 These are some of my favorite Halloween movies & paranormal television shows

And then there are costumes. I love dressing up, which unless your able to go to a bunch of Cons (And I only ever get to go to New York Comic Con) is typically frowned upon. So I try to go all out for Halloween when I can or at least I try to.
As of the past several years my friends and I have really been into doing group costumes (i.e. - The Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus, Disney villains and so on). And this year is no different, we will all be dressing up as comic book villains (With a slight focus on DC Comics) to go out the Saturday night before Halloween.

I'm planning on, and still trying to get my shit together, to be lady Two-Face. Specifically Two-Face from Batman the Animated Series (1992-1995) because I don't dig Tommy Lee's from Batman Forever (1995) and I don't feel like applying tons of liquid latex to my face to try and be Aaron Eckhart's Two-Face from The Dark Knight (2008). We'll just have to wait and see what happens with that...
In terms of actual Halloween and a costume, I will be at work because it falls on a Monday this year but thankfully I am a children's librarian and am able to go to work in costume. So my friend/coworker Nicole and I are going to come in dressed like Daria and Jane from MTV's Daria (1997-2001). And I'm not going to lie, I'm super excited for it.
So yeah, that's about it. I would like to thank Gabriella for asking me to be a part of this Halloween feature! I hope you all enjoyed learning a little about me and my love of Halloween. And if you did, I'd love for you to stop by my blogInstagramTwitter, whatever and say hi!

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.