Adventures with Spokhette #15: A visit to the Library

April 24, 2017

Hey, Gang!

 If you guys have been reading my blog for long, you'll know that I love reading. One of my favorite places to spend my time is my local library. My county has quite a few libraries in it, so even though I've had my library card since I was 5, misspelled last name and all, there are still a few libraries that I still haven't gotten the chance to visit yet.


  After watching Devotion of Suspect X, I was so inspired to read the actual book series, that on the drive home from the theater, I put the entire series on hold. Moving into our new home, put us in a different neighborhood with a new library to explore. After getting my bearings in the new place, I decided to explore and pick up my new holds.

 For the first time in a while, I picked up an audio book, The Night Circus by Morgenstein, narrated by Jim Dale, who if you don't know, also did the Harry Potter Series. Not even going to front, I picked up the book based on that alone, but I'm 75% done and it's not too shabby, so I guess it was a good choice. I also picked up the entire Detective Galileo series. The books are pretty thick, so between work, getting ready for C2E2 and making sure that I'm coming up with original content for you guys and Quirktastic, hasn't left me with much time to sit down and read.

 One of the things I was surprised by in the library was their fancy check out system. The last time, I used an Ohio library, they had a small scanner that you would slide your book under and that's how you did self-check out. Now, they have this little black mat, and as soon as you put your books down, they scan the pile, they can take up to 5 at a time!!! I wanted to look around and ask "What is this Witchcraft?" but no one was around to hear it.

What's your favorite place to get books? Got any new reads lately? Let's Chat about it on Twitter

Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.