Adventures With Spokhette #2: CGG Brunch + Bachelorette Party

August 22, 2016

Hey Gang!

 I've got a two fer for you today. So at the beginning of August, I attended my very first Cincinnati Geek Girl Brunch Event. Myself and five other girls went to brunch at the Sleepy Little Bee Cafe. It was my first time going and it was one of those "healthy" places. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to eat anything because, a lot of those places love their peanuts. I wound up getting the roasted potatoes and the sausage patties. WHICH WERE DELICIOUS!
 There was a DC Quiz, I got 6 out of 10, but I was pretty impressed with a few of the questions, they weren't your run of the mill. The ladies put some serious thought into these. I got some Batman Patches and keychains for acing the quiz. We had some deep discussions from Doctor WHO to Which Dick Grayson is best to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I had so much fun, I can't wait until October's Meeting.  From there we headed to Kenwood Theatre, where we watched Suicide Squad. I will have a review for you sometime soon, but let me just tell you I absolutely loved it! I don't understand how Snyder can put out such a decent movie like Suicide Squad, but fell so flat with Batman V. Superman and Man of Steel. I fell in love with Katana and Deadshot, and was really annoyed how much I liked Harley and Joker, although they definitely downplayed how abusive he was in the movie. I also caught a gastly in the theater, which I thought was pretty neat.

 About two and a half hours later, I got changed and headed out to my friend Bridget's Bachelorette Party. This is the first time that I had ever been a part of a bridal party and at first, I was a little concerned, that I wasn't really cut out for it. I didn't know what I was doing and I only knew a couple of the other girls chosen. Despite, constantly trying to network and meet new people, in person, I'm kind of shy, and I worry about making a bad first impression.
 However, at the Bachelorette Party, I have to say was the first time, I was comfortable with the rest of the girls, and it was the first time I felt comfortable being myself! We played an awesome guess the Panties Game. Each party attender, buys the bride to be a pair of underwear that describes themselves, and then the BTB has to figure out whose undies are whose! It was a blast! Then there were lots of Phallic related food and drinks, and then we got all bundled up in cars, and drove to Indiana for Boogie Nights and we danced the night away. I hadn't danced like that in such a long time, and it felt so good!!! From the time we arrived on the dance floor Saturday to the time I walked into my house on Sunday Morning, I had walked a combined 20,687 steps, a lot of that was acrued on the dance floor though. I felt so athletic though, like instead of going to the gym every day, I should just go dancing every other night!

Did you guys do anything fun this week? Lets chat about it on Twitter!!

 Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.