I want 2017 to be a creative year.

February 10, 2017

Hey Gang!

  I love Youtube. It's such a huge community of creatives. I subscribe to a lot of artists, on Youtube, Twitter and Instagram. One of my favorites is Frannerd, who says that if you want to get better at drawing, all you have to do is practice. I took her advice from her paper video, and invested in a sketchbook. I've decided that I want to draw one picture a day. I thought I would show you guys a few of my favorite drawings, and the supplies that I use.
  I've been drawing since I was little, but I wasn't getting any better. For some reason, I kind of stopped drawing and it really hurt my journey on finding my own art style. I could draw other things, but not things in my own style, because I didn't have one. So I figured drawing everyday-ish for the year would at least let me know what I don't like.
 I've always wanted a set of copic markers, but they are so so expensive, I just couldn't justify the purchase, for something that I was just getting back into, so I instead bought a set of Ohuhu dual tip art markers, a sized A5 Midori sketchbook and a vinyl orange bag to carry my supplies in. I made the mistake of ordering two really small ones before finding the proper size. So now, I have two smaller guys that I don't need. Alex thinks I should use it for smaller things, like practicing hands and the like. I feel like it is a good idea, but not good enough for two. Maybe I will give one away. Would you guys be interested in that? Let me know in the comments!
  I was having issues drawing full figures, so I figured drawing things people and things without bone structure would be a lot easier, but even that is proving harder than I thought.
 My father can draw really really well, and said that I could take lessons from him, so hopefully we'll be starting those soon. I have realized that although this sketchbook is by far, fancier than anything I've ever had, that the markers still bleed through the next page, so I have become acustom to using them on the single sheet and bending the other pages in on themselves. My favorite artists so far are: Jacquelin De Leon, Frannerd, Kihori, BiancaXunise, MaisDue, Punziella, and Barachan.


Who are some of your favorite artist? Let's Fangirl about it on Twitter

 Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Twitch Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.