Whose Your Favorite Sailor Scout?!

January 25, 2017

Hey Gang!

 Fresh off seeing Sailor Moon R in Theaters, I thought I would drop my thoughts about Sailor Moon and my favorite scout. A Lot of you readers, are Sailor Moon Fans, please leave who your favorite scout is in the comments below. I love interacting and communicating with you guys, especially on my favorite topics!

Sailor Moon was one of the first anime my father introduced me to. I've written about the show several times over the years, but I don't think I ever narrowed down my favorite character! Which seems pretty silly to me considering all the love I have for this series. I think that my favorite characters have changed as I've gotten older and have learned a little bit more about myself.
 When I first started watching the series, Ami was my favorite character. Smart, sweet and caring. I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. Sailor Mercury was something that I wanted to embody, even going so far as to try to get over my irrational fear of drowning, it didn't work though. Amy was shy and very withdrawn before she met Serena and the other scouts, just like I was when I was younger. I didn't necessarily have issues making friends, but I did have trouble fitting in. So I found quite a kinship to Amy.

 Around high school, I'd decided that life was too short to be concerned about what other people thought of me. It was about this time that I decided that Makoto, Sailor Jupiter was a better fit for me. She was very comfortable with herself and she was such a bad ass! Full of fire and determination, even though people were scared of her, she never tried to be anyone but herself. Plus, she could bake, and I had some kind of illusion that I wanted to be a patisserie. I wasn't as boy crazy, but I have to admit I was pretty close.
 Now that I'm an "adult". I'm old enough to be, and I take care of my own bills, but there are quite a few days when I don't feel like an adult at all. I feel like my favorite Sailor Scout is undoubtedly Uranus. Now, Haruka I feel is a culmination of my past favorites. Bad Ass, Super Capable, Loving, Smart, and completely comfortable with herself and her relationship with Michiru. When I was a college student, I discovered my sexual orientation, and as a Black Bi Woman in the United States, I am proud of what I am, and what I have accomplished. I feel like Sailor Uranus, is a catalyst that helps me stay focused. That's why she is my favorite scout. She'll even be a tattoo soon!

 Who is your favorite Sailor Scout? Lets talk about that #Moonielife on Twitter!

 Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Twitch Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.