The Very First Superhero I saw and Favorite Superhero Show

January 18, 2017

Hey Gang!

 I saw this on Twitter today, and thought it would be fun to do!! Especially since I'm just getting back into comics, I was hoping this challenge will get me back into the swing of things. Tomorrow, I'm going to see Sailor Moon R in theaters, up in Columbus, and I am so excited that I just can't stand it. I've been waking up off and on all night, just thinking about what I'm going to wear, how I'm going to do my hair, if I will meet any other rad Ohio Bloggers up there. Le Sigh...

 Day 1: The Very First Superhero I saw. 


 I can remember seeing Comics, and Manga every since I was a little girl. My dad introduced me to comics, anime and manga, and fostered my interest in all of them. We still occasionally watch anime together (I'm 25 now) although our tastes have changed. The First Superhero I ever saw, was Storm. In my first podcast with Heroes and Coffee, I talk about why Storm is one of my most influential heroes, but I'll expand a little here. She literally was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.


 A character that sort of looked like me, who was shunned by society (like me) and didn't let it faze her. She was like this bad ass bombshell that didn't care what was in her way, she was going to have what she wanted, and she was sweet and gentle and concerned about others. She was both sides of the coin. That's amazing to me. A lot of people like to forget that she ran the X-Men in several renditions of the story. What more of a badass could I look up to? 20 years later, Storm is still top of my favorite superheroines list, and for good reason. 


Day 2: Favorite Superhero Show


 I have to say, I've watched quite a few of  Superhero shows in my day. Especially now, with channels like Me-Tv, and streaming on Hulu, showing the older shows that came way before my time! But I have to say that my favorite show has to be a tie between Batman '66 and Batman: Brave and the Bold. They both play to Batman's Campier side, which I LOVE!


 Brave and the Bold, introduced quite a few DC characters that weren't really getting any love in anything else animated, or otherwise. It was definitely a team up creation, which was also pretty awesome because who doesn't love team ups? I love that Brave and the Bold played more on the detective beginnings of Batman, where as they've kind of gotten away from, and made him more....Father of hero groups instead? I don't really know how to explain it. Even though I own all of Batman 66 (watching but not finished) and I completely watched Brave and the Bold twice. Aquaman was probably the best part, isn't he OUTRAGEOUS?! I have to say Brave and the Bold get the top spot. 


Who was your first hero? What is your favorite show? Lets chat about it on twitter!

 Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Twitch Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.